Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Grind

THE TRAIL TO OREGON!

The Grind



Music and lyrics by Jeff Blim



Sung by:
 Jeff Blim, Corey Dorris, Rachael Soglin,
Lauren Lopez, Jaime Lyn Beatty

Characters: 
Father, Grandpa, Mother, 
Son, DaughterEveryone.

Album: iTunes / Amazon
   
LYRICS:

We're travelling
Down a bumpy road 
Just relaxing
Let the miles unfold
Nothing brings a family 'gether like some dust in the eye 
And we'll be there in the nick of time 
Me and my family


(...)
We're smiling 
At a steady pace 
Your daughters crying

Missouri's such a beautiful state
And it feels like everyday's another Fourth of July
I got my freedom and my slice of pie
My beautiful family 

Now come on kids it's time that we play a game
I spot some fun out here on the Great Plains 
Stop for a second take it all in
"Are we there yet?" Is the wrong question
You thought road trips were lame 
Well they all ain't the same oh no 

It's the grind 
Take it one day at a time 
And we'll find our way back home

Free your mind 
Push your worries down the line 
And we'll ease on down the road 

Stop and look around do the chimney rock
Dad that totally looks like a giant co-
Cock-a-doo-del-do! 
I wish there was something that could capture this moment 
Something that fits right into your pocket
But we got time to kick the idea around
Oh boy!

It's the grind 
Every bump by design
To grow some hair on your chest

Fall in line
Let your debt read the signs
Whose your daddy 
Two got company 
Of the Wild Wild West 

I'm trying 
To enjoy the trip
I'm babysitting 
But not my kids
Sometimes I wonder what the hell goes on in his head
Would he notice if any one of us wound up dead 
Whom I kidding
Lord knows he'd kill himself instead
Can't say I'd tell a difference in bed
My beautiful family-


Dad I wanna keep this as a pet!
Throw it in a bag!
Do that and you will regret it!
We need a few souvenirs if we past the test
I think I'm gonna throw up
 
If you're motion sick then get off the pot
And give the soles of your feet a shot
Nothing quite kills your ills like a song and dance 

It's the grind yeah yeah 
Family dance break 


Everyone say yeah e yeah yeaaah 
Yeah e yeah yeaaah
Say yeah ye yeaaaaaah 
Yeah ye yeaaaaaah
And say hey e ah aah ahahahah 
Hey e ah aah ahahahah

Say hey ahahahahah yeah e yeah e yeah e yeaaaaaaaaah-
Dad!


(...)

It's the grind
Yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment