Monday, February 16, 2015

Gone to Oregon

THE TRAIL TO OREGON!

Gone to Oregon


Music and lyrics by Jeff Blim



Sung by:
 Jeff Blim, Corey Dorris, Rachael Soglin,
Lauren Lopez, Jaime Lyn Beatty

Characters: 
Father, Grandpa, Mother, 
Son, Daughter, Everyone.

Album: iTunes / Amazon

   
LYRICS:

Good Mornin! - Good Mornin!
We stand before the journey
That leads us all
To Oregon - To Oregon

A pioneer adventure
Down the trail
To Oregon - To Oregon - To Wisconsin

(...)

By God's command
We dare to land
In Wisconsin

(...)

The promised land will not wait for us
We leave our land in faith and trust
We'll find the place of our destiny
And spread our family seed!

We'll find the place of our destiny
And spread our family seed!
Now the show begins
AaaaAaaaaUuuuhhhhmmmm....

(...)

Now our journey begins
In the 1800s
In a little city in Missouri

Before we start
you decide on the names
of all the people in your wagon party

You must decide who these pioneers are
Are they carpenters or bankers or leavin their farm
It's time to spin the personal yarn
Carefully choose each name
Cause this is more than a game

It's more than a game
Oh yeah it's more than a game
No 2 shows will ever be the same

My first pioneer would be President Polk
I know he'd be a good leader of the wagon

Good job now dear that's what we're goin for
You'd be extra careful not to kill him

I think I would use my mom and dad's names of course
To make sure that they'll never get divorced

That might be too much information
But hey it's great to have that personal connection

I would make my family rich
They'd be bankers from New York

Richie, Johnny, Emily and Peter and Sue
Their bank fell down and now they're poor

That's great kids
Keep up the good work

Hey Grandpa
what would your names be?

Oh well let me tell ya:
Dickson, Dickfan, Hairydick and Dr. Buttnugget

(...)

We are gone to Oregon
It's the greatest family vacation
It'll bring us together
Couldn't think of nothin better
Heck, time for some family fun
On the trail to Oregon

(...)

I'm Jack Bauer, a farmer from Illinois
All my skills will be useless on the trail
My beautiful family is counting on me
A lot of pressure, I can't afford to fail

(...)

Slipperywhenwet and I'm a mother of 2
Could've been a banker, guess a farmer will do
Why did you get to choose?

(...)

Craphole, yeah that's me
I'm 7 and I'm male
Mouthface, is what my friends call me
I'm lookin for love on the trail
Ew gross!

I hope you're bit by a snake!
I hope you break your back!
Hey I found wild fruit!
Pay attention Dad!

Are we gonna stop at the forts?
I forgot to shave
Did we bring enough food?
We could've write on Grandpa's grave

Everyone just behave!
Because it's only a game
It's only a game
I guess it's only a game
The Trail To Oregon is nothing but a game

We'll be there soon
In Oregoon
Honestly it beats nothing counted
We could be in a kitchen
doing something with a chicken
But we couldn't give less of a crap
Cause we're making it to Oregap

(...)

It's time to run
To Oregun
It's too late to change the show now
You could go next door
And see something professional
We wouldn't blame you a bit
If you're sitting through this Oreshit

We're Broadway bound
In Oregown
Cause there's no Broadway in Chicago
Who will forget their name and who will get the YouTube fame
These are the questions to ask
When you're playing Oregas

It's more than a game
Life is really great
On the trail to Oregate

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeff, could you possibly send me the music for just "Gone to Oregon?" I just want to play around with it.
    ~Michael Fergus (Prospect)

    ReplyDelete