Saturday, November 30, 2013

1001 Nights

TWISTED

A Thousand And One Nights

Lyrics: Kaley McMahon
Music: A.J. Holmes



  
Sung by:  Meredith Stepien and Dylan Saunders.
   Characters: Sherrezade and Ja'far, together.

Album: iTunes / Amazon / Sheet
Karaoke: iTunes / guitar karaoke

 LIVE: RingCon2013 / Starkid Takes Manhattan / GeekyCon2015

POP VERSION (by Britney Coleman and Carlos Valdes)

 Check out also: The Way I Do

   
LYRICS:

I know a thousand tales
To fill a thousand nights
But now another story comes to mind
A nobel young vizier
Ascends to wondrous heights
He's brilliant as he's handsome
And handsome as he's kind

He is at once familiar and unknowable
To the frightened girl he meets along the way
And to the girl's surprise
Something in his eyes
 Beckons her to know him and inspires her to say

I want to know your story
I want to know your past
So tell me slowly from the start
Leave out no detail
Savour every part

I want to know your story
So make the story last
I want to know each twist and turn
Tell me all I've missed
I've so much to learn

For when it comes to stories
I thought I knew them all
But now I'm face to face with one
I can't seem to recall

The young vizier had come
To help inspire change
But fate has planned an unexpected twist
Within the palace walls
He discoveres something strange
And found a missing part of him
He didn't know he missed

She's at once a comfort and a mystery
To the callow man she meets that fateful day
She's beautiful and wise
And something in her eyes
 Beckons him to know her and inspires him to say

I want to know your story
I want to know your past
I want to know your future too
Fill my days and nights
With the tale of you

I want to know your story
(I want to know your story)
So make the story last
(So make the story last)
And linger over every part
Tell it till I know every bit by heart

I never cared for stories until you entered mine
And now my only wish is that
Our plots may intertwine

But I forget what happens next
I'm not sure I understand
Remind me how she answers
When he asks her for her hand

Took you long enough
'Yes'! She says 'yes'!

 A thousand and one nights with you
Is not enough to spend
So let's make ours a story with no end
 So let's make ours a story with no end

(...)

  / A thousand and one lifetimes
Is not enough to spend
So let's make ours a story with no end
 So let's make ours a story with no end /

1 comment:

  1. First of all - love the musicals. But I'm a broke b that has a hobby/love of music, so when it costs 15 bucks to pay for the sheet music for your fav musical it makes u sad :/

    ReplyDelete